Mommabearsbooks

Mommabears Book Blog

I love sharing my love of reading with the world. I love connecting with other book lovers like me.

The Garnet Dagger
Andrea R. Cooper
Shattered
C.C. Brown

The Risque Target

The Risque Target - Kelly Gendron Wow, I thought this was going to be a bad book. It took me forever to read it, mainly because I was procrastinating and had a lot going on in real life.
The Risque Target is about two secret operatives, Nala Dekker and Tantum Maddox/Marcus Richards, sent to kill each other. But, of course, what happens instead is that they can't keep their hands off each other. Not only are they to kill their targets, each other, but there are others out to kill them too. I loved to see how they try to outwit each other.
Tantum is the ultimate bad boy with a checkered past. Dark, sexy, mysterious, but also always has to be in control. Nala is beautiful and smart and is an OCD control freak. Can you see the problem here?
I felt the story was slow in parts, mainly the action parts, but then the sex happens and it's amazing. The passion and the longing for each other definitely got my senses going. There were times that I wanted to shake the crap out of both of them, but it all works out. There were some twists that I didn't see coming.
In the end, it was an okay read. I couldn't get enough of Tantum though, that's for sure. I would love to see Tantum in another book. The ending really made the read worthwhile.