Mommabearsbooks

Mommabears Book Blog

I love sharing my love of reading with the world. I love connecting with other book lovers like me.

The Garnet Dagger
Andrea R. Cooper
Shattered
C.C. Brown
The Holders - Julianna Scott This book has a great storyline. The girl is her brother's protector from all the people that want to put him in a "home" because they think he's crazy. They finally meet with people that have her brother's best interests at heart. She and her brother move to a special school in Scotland where her brother settles right in and makes many friends. She, on the other hand, tries to settle in herself, all the while crushing hard on one of the Holders. Holders have special powers. Each Holder has a singular special power. The "Order" seems to think that the brother is "The One", a fierce warrior they've been waiting for for thousands of years. I won't say any more for fear of spoiling it for you.

My Thoughts:
I really think this book could have been amazing if there was more detail. They really don't talk much about the brother, and I think more could have been said about the Holder's powers. There were times I was confused about certain events and people. I felt like the ending could have had a more "wow" factor. But yes, in the end, I would like to see the story progress and see where it goes.