Mommabearsbooks

Mommabears Book Blog

I love sharing my love of reading with the world. I love connecting with other book lovers like me.

The Garnet Dagger
Andrea R. Cooper
Shattered
C.C. Brown
Vampyre Kisses: Part of the Last Witch Series - Elizabeth Kolodziej Faith is a down on her luck legal secretary. She agrees to go to the club with her ex boyfriend/best friend Mac. There she meets the alluring Trent. Little does she know that Trent is a vampire. They start hanging out together and odd things start happening. She is attacked in the park, and Trent knows he must come clean with her. The next thing she knows the master vampire and the werewolf royals are in her living room. It seems that the vampires' blood gem and the werewolves moon gem have been stolen. Almost everything happens at the same time when, not only does she find out that she is the last witch in existence, but that her mother is a slayer and wants to kill the vampires, werewolves, and even Faith! Faith must now heavily train to hone her skills in preparation for the battle to get the gems back from the past master vampire, the past werewolf king, and Faiths mother.

I really enjoyed this book. I didn't know what would happen next. The one thing that I thought was odd was that Faith and Mac didn't freak out when they found out about the werewolves and vampires. They just shrugged when Faith's living room was full of them. I mean, wouldn't you be at least a little freaked out? Another thing that irked me a bit was how whiny Faith was. It was pretty much throughout the whole book that she was crying, or need to lay down, or was just very insecure. Even during battle she cried. I guess I would cry too though if your own mother just stabbed you. But she's supposed to be this super witch that should be able to rise up against anything. Okay, so I'm being nitpicky. Lol I did really enjoy the relationships in the book. I loved the Faith/Mack relationship and even more the Faith/Morgan relationship. I can't wait to read and review the next two books in the series, Werewolf Descent and Witch Devotions, due to release in September.

3.5 stars